DEPUTY COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR FOR FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Chesterfield County, Virginia (Richmond-Metro Area) is seeking a dynamic, innovative and experienced individual to lead the county’s Finance & Administrative division which includes: Intergovernmental Relations, Learning and Performance Center, Communications and Media, and the Finance Team (Accounting, Budget & Management, Purchasing and Real Estate Assessment), special events and the Committee on the Future. Additionally, the incumbent serves as the liaison to the Commissioner of Revenue, Treasurer and Registrar.
The Deputy County Administrator will:
- possess a strong governmental administration and financial background
- have extensive knowledge and experience in executive leadership in a comparably sized organization
- demonstrate performance in working with staff to build consensus
- possess excellent leadership and communication skills
- develop a good working relationship with Board of Supervisors, county leadership, regional partners, community groups and citizens
- recruit, motivate and retain a high performing and diverse staff committed to teambuilding, quality improvement and excellence in customer service.
Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, public administration, or related field, (master’s degree preferred). Minimum of ten years of executive level public or private experience in a comparably sized or larger organization. Public sector leadership experience is a plus.
For more detailed information, please review the Position Recruitment Profile @ http://www.chesterfield.gov/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=8590143552
Pre-employment drug testing and an extensive background investigation including an FBI criminal check required.
This recruitment will remain open until January 31, 2018. Interested applicants should submit a confidential resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Mary Martin Selby, Director of HR Services Chesterfield County Human Resource Management P.O. Box 40 Chesterfield, VA 23832 (804) 748-1551 Email: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity