Director of Finance – Sunset Hills, Missouri Incorporated in 1957, Sunset Hills is an attractive, stable community conveniently located in southwest St. Louis County, in close proximity to many regional sites and amenities. Sunset Hills is served by the prestigious Lindbergh School District and boasts an extensive park system and high quality recreational facilities.
The City is seeking a Director of Finance. The Director of Finance is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating all phases of the city's financial activities, human resource administration, and compliance testing and reporting with regulatory, financial, and public entity organizations. Principle duties include:
• Oversee and review all bank statements, reconcile accounts to bank statements, and reconcile all key accounts (non-bank) for expected balances.
• Analyze monthly activity for reasonableness and make adjusting entries where needed, maintain fixed assets, prepare financial statements, and interface with finance committee for various recurring obligations.
• Ensure daily accuracy of accounting system transactions through direct review and use of internal controls, adjust internal controls as needed, directly administer accounting system controls.
• Coordinate budgeting activity and associated reporting, maintain budget to actual throughout the year, make budget adjustments and encumbrances as needed, organize development of capital plan and incorporate into budget, and ensure that accounting for capital items is in accordance with policies.
• Oversee annual CPA audit, regulatory compliance, and financial reporting.
• Assist in maintaining the City’s employee benefits programs.
• Provide leadership, coaching, and training for supporting staff.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree (master degree preferred) from an accredited college or university and a minimum of five years of experience in finance or accounting. Certification as Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or Certified Public Finance Officer is preferred.
Salary: Salary is dependent on qualifications. Salary range will be commensurate with experience, beginning at $78,865 to $86,751 annually, with a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply: Candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Eric Sterman, City Administrator, 3939 S. Lindbergh Blvd, Sunset Hills, MO 63127. Applications must be received no later than 5:00pm on Friday, March 2nd.