This position is responsible for preparing the District’s annual budget, providing analytical support, and maintaining complex financial models. This position requires extensive analytical skills, and the ability to interpret and apply the District’s financial policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs financial and statistical analyses of routine to moderate difficulty.
• Participates and provides assistance in long-term financial planning, budget development, and policy formulation.
• Collects, compiles, and analyzes information from various sources on a variety of specialized topics.
• Conducts surveys and performs research as needed. • Assists in the preparation of Board reports and presentation materials as required.
• Conducts various feasibility studies and cost-benefit analyses.
• Performs special cost, trend, impact, and other analyses, drafts reports and recommendations on assigned projects.
• Assists in the administration of the District’s investment portfolio.
• Assists with preparing the Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR), including supporting schedules.
• Assists in the preparation of the District’s annual operating and capital budget.
• Administers and maintains the District’s Long Range Financial and rate models.
• Reviews and analyzes the District’s rates and charges, makes recommendations to management when required.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or a related field is preferred. Minimum of two years of experience as a Financial Analyst or equivalent analytical experience preferably with a governmental, investment, or financial institution. Ability to effectively utilize a personal computer, related word processing, advanced spreadsheet and database programs (Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point); excellent communication and effective problem solving skills; familiarity with various financial management systems and generally accepted accounting principles including familiarity with government accounting standards is preferred. Experience in Structured Query Language (SQL) programming and financial modeling is preferred.
OMWD offers a very competitive benefits package including fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance premiums for family coverage, a 9/80 work schedule, and CalPERS retirement. Candidates must submit a completed District employment application and attach a current resume. Apply on-line at: www.olivenhain.com/job-opportunities by Tuesday, August 21, 2018.