Knowledge in state and local governmental accounting and financial reporting.
State and local governmental accounting and financial reporting professionals, State and local government CFO’s, and auditors of state and local governments.
Final authoritative guidance on:
- asset retirement obligations
- the use of Fiduciary funds
- various topics covered in the 2017 Omnibus, including pension and OPEB issues.
- debt extinguishment issues, including use of existing resources and prepaid insurance
Recent GASB implementation guidance
Proposed guidance on debt disclosures for direct borrowings and direct placements
Proposed implementation guidance for accounting and financial reporting for OPEB
Other ongoing GASB projects
Update on the GASB financial reporting model improvements for governmental funds
Update on the uniform grant guidance, including procurement guidelines
Proposed changes to the Yellow Book
Common financial reporting deficiencies
Topics subject to change
Participants in this year’s GAAP Update should obtain a practical knowledge of:
- GASB Statement No. 83, Certain Asset Retirement Obligations
- GASB Statement No. 84, Fiduciary Activities
- GASB Statement No. 85, Omnibus 2017
- GASB Statement No. 86, Certain Debt Extinguishment Issues
- GASB Statement No. 87, Leases
- GASB Invitation to Comment, Financial Reporting Model Improvements— Governmental Funds
- GASB ED on Certain Disclosures Related to Debt, including Direct Borrowings and Direct Placements
- Forthcoming GASB ED Implementation Guide , Accounting and Financial Reporting for Postemployment Benefits Other Than Pensions
- Common financial reporting deficiencies encountered in the GFOA’s Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting Program.
- Government Accountability Office 2017 ED of Government Auditing Standards
- Updates on the Office of Management and Budget's Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (the Uniform Guidance)